RE: [at-l] Re: Environmental Assessment for Saddleback Mountain

> I got my copy of the report last week too.  It appears as if
> the "recommendation" is to go with Scenario 2.  As I
> understand the scenarios they are:
>
> 1- No development; no impact on AT.
> 2- Minimal development; some impact on AT (views?).
> 3- Moderate development; considerable impact on AT.
> 4- Heavy development; major impact on AT.
>
> Unfortunately, my copy of the report is at home and I can
> only be vague here.  Can anyone else be more specific.

Correction:

1) No development, acquire more land to further protect the AT. This would
protect 2,860 acres from development.

2) Minimal development, acquire less land. This would protect 893 acres from
development.

3) Major development, acquire no land. Effectively gives up an additional
660 acres to development that cannot be developed now.

4) "Optimal" development, would protect 784 acres but allow development
within the saddle - visible from the AT.

5) Do Nothing.

Lee I Joe