Re: Bagpipe Parade, was Re: [at-l] Re: You ARE going to TrailDays, aren't you?

"...something in the eyes.."? Profound, reverent appreciation for the emotional purity of the "mission" of the hike. My guess, anyway. (Glad I thought that through; thanks for posing the question, k.)
Perhaps
"I strive to be the man my dog thinks I am."
should be rewritten as
"I strive to be the man my hike knows I was."
Whoooooo, doggie.
Is it too early to toast the '00 throughhikers?
(Answer: No. It's 12:00 noon *somewhere.*)
Toeness.

>>> kahley7 <kahley7@ptd.net> 02/14/00 11:14AM >>>
I wish I had a vid camera to zoom in on the faces.  Especailly the older hikers and those not engaged in the "combat".  There is something in there eyes that I just couldn't peg.  .........Sigh...maybe this year.