RE: [at-l] purity...what matters?

I told myself I would not comment on this subject again, but since you asked
directly, here goes.

I dare say the path that Earl Shaeffer followed on his first hike was not
the same path that hikers are following today. Same goes for Ed Garvey. What
I admire about them is the effort and determination to stay out there,
through all kinds of weather, putting one foot in front of the other and
propelling themselves from Georgia to Maine. It really doesn't matter to me
if they happened to do it on this particular ridge or the one next-door.
There really is not any substantial difference in the amount of effort.

Really, My final word on the matter.

Lyle