[at-l] porkies

Porkies are, for the most part, harmless.  There are zillions of them in
the Catskills, and the only problem I've seen with them is when somebody's
pooch gets a hold of one.  That, and they like to chew on stuff.  Mind your
packs and boots in porkie country.  I remember once camping at the Denning
leanto and this &^$*#@ porkie felt it necessary to chew on a tin "no
littering" sign all night long.

That was probably paybacks for when I was a kid.  Our church youth group
used to go up to North Lake to camp.  At night, we'd go down to the day use
area to hunt for porkies.  We'd bring a bag of marshmellows.  When we found
a porkie, we'd piss it off so it would stick up it's quilss.  Then we'd
decorate it by throwing marshmellows into his quills.  Kids will be kids...

/peh