[at-l] ON! to the Ryan Brooks Shelter

i am told there MAY already be a garvey shelter being built in Weverton
Cliffs Maryland by a few people now.  i only hope it stays trash free what a
horrid thign that would be.  there is nothign wrong with building a shelter.
it does not NEED to be on the AT it can be anywhere.  espesially if it is
the Ryan Brooks shelter as he runs many diffrent list for many diffrent
trails.  although i am not sure how accepted shelters are on some trails.
the AT is a diffrent beast than most.

if anyone is even interested in doign such a thing.  i still think a shelter
is a stellar idea.  a great way of showing the muscle that the list  can
bring fourth to help trails if people on the list want want. like with the
place.

i am sure not everyone on the list was able to help the place with money.
and i hold nothing against them for i was one of them.  i am living
partially off my parents and do not have the freedom with my money that some
do.  but that does not mean that people can not help with out money.  pure
manpower can help alot and physcial labor may be worth more than its weight
in gold and a fun way for listers to meet each other too.

imagine getting 10+ listers together dragging materials into the woods and
constructing a shelter.  sitting around at night talking and having a great
time then repeating it..  many weekend trips and if we show are muscle there
maybe trail organizations will take us more seriously next time we try to
help build fix relocate and clean up trails.

maybe we can even try for a shelter near ryan so some of us can met the man
behind the keyboard. hhahhaha

think of the meetings and the great companionships and the accomplishments
we can form.

Wisperlight the Bi-Polar Bear