Re: [at-l] purity...

TOKTAADN@aol.com wrote:

> To accuse purists of being mindless automatons hiking
> someone else's hike is overly harsh.  Not all purists hike pure for the same
> reasons.  Every hiker is an individual deserving of respect.  The only
> exceptions I make are for any hiker who is disrespectful of the environment
> or his fellow travelers on the Trail.  Please let purists under the "hike
> your own hike" banner -- at least the humble ones!  :)  The Trail won't mind.
>  I respect Nimblewill Nomad's comments enormously, but I don't think that's a
> dis on purists.  In fact, how many of his 10,000,000 steps did he slackpack
> on?  ;-)

Solar Bear -
The major problem with "purists" isn't what they do - but that some of
them insist that others MUST do the same thing. I believe that a "pure"
hike is more satisfactory for many (if not most) people.  But NOT for
everyone. There are a lot of different motivations for hikng the trail -
not all of them are satisfied by purism.

Walk softly - your own way,
Jim

--WebTV-Mail-25186-5105--