Subject: ATML Earl Shaffer's new book and ... An Invitation
Date: Wed, 09 Feb 2000 20:51:29 -0500

Earl Shaffer recently completed "Ode to the Trail" about his trip in 1998.
It will probably will be published this autumn. The editor suggested
including a few brief additions by folks who met him along the AT. Humorous
and special anecdotes, conversations and incidents involving Earl which
capture the Reality/Spirit of: the AT, Thru Hikers, Earl's spirit, etc.

"What Earl Means to Me" articles, while special, touching and
understandable (I'm his nephew), are NOT what the Editor is looking for.
BUT, we'll read'em anyway if you send'em.

The Editor and Earl will make the selections. Expect the material to be
edited with your participation and permission and attributed to you. Submit
your material to me no later than March 1, 2000, and I'll coordinate the
initial efforts with the Editor and my Uncles John and Earl.

Bob Shaffer  mailto:bobjeri@home.com