[at-l] catskills trip idea/invation/tuckerizable list

catskills trip - a trip idea i am thinkign about
invatation - anyone tha twant sto come is more that welcome
tuckerizable - i have a VERY rough list of my gear below

MOOSE!

over the weekend of the 18th(friday) - 20th(sunday) i hope to try my steel
up in the catskills and peak 3 mountains.. including one of the winter peaks
for the 3500ers.  they are called Table, Peakamoose, and Slide.  i hope to
spend one night outside.. and be back to my car the next day.  basically
hike to slide, passing over table and peekamoose... camp near slide ... hike
back over peekamoose and table to my car go home and shower and get ready
for school on tuesday.. maybe visit my grandmother sunday and monday.  all
this hindges on getting snow shoes and getting off my butt to the mountains.
if anyone can join me i would feel much more comfortable with another person
as i am going alone right now.

<you wonder why this is AT related ... i am using this as traing for my
thru-hike in a way and for fun too>
the trip exists entirely on map 43 of the catskills. i will use the PT(B)
trail to PE(Y) trail to CO(B) trail to the WS(R) trail.

there is a lean to apprently according to the map abotu 4-5 miles form
slide. tht i will pass or maybe stay at and not eve go to slide.depends on
how i feel .. i might drive out there not feel comfortable and only day
hike...

trail despritions for those interested....

PT(B)
peekamoose-table trail (blue blazed)
trail is 7.15 miles long and has the lean to i talked of called "denning
lean-to" after 6.8 miles
starts at a parkgin area. near west shokan.
ends at trail PE(Y) and shelter

PE(Y)
Phoenicia-east branch trail (yellow blazed no not a road :^)
looks to go for about 2-3 miles to dump me on the CO(B)

CO(B)
Curtis Ormsbee trail (blue blazed)
trail is only 1.6 miles have a veiw of lone, table, and rocky mountain.
end on the WS(R) trail

WS(R)
Wittenberg-Cornell-Slide Trail(red blazed) aka Burroughs Range trail
looks to be only 1-3(leaning towards 1) mile(s) before i summit slide (the
tallest mountain in the catskills and one of the winter peaks).

total trip distance 12-14 miles... whic is a bit to long for me .. so i dont
htink i will make it to slide. but i might be off on my esimations or i
might feel very healthy and ready to roar up and down the mountains.  i am
more than happy to walkt o the shelter stay and walk back. (might be able to
drag it out to 3 days)

this route looks to have 12 suggested views...  which shoudl be SPECTACULAR
in the winter.

then i back track
a longer loop back that i might take is to stay on WS(R) and walk on it
back the way i came passing the CO(B) until it hits PE(Y) to PT(B) it looks
to add about 1 mile to the trip but it look much less step.. i t also seems
to go up and down alot though....  i am not sure.. it all depends on how i
feel when (if ) i get there.

i am not afraid to turn back if i dont like the way things feel.. you know
bad mojo and stuff..  so this all might be a loooooong car drive to do a day
hike... but that is better than becoming a story.

i figure i will carry all my water needs  and lots of stove fuel.  i figure
the water sources are not usable... i am expecting pack weigh tin the 40-50
pound range (bu ti dont have a scale so it is done by putting it on my back
and checking HA)...

cause i am new to winter backpackign i probably  still carry lots of extra
stuff.. that i am not sure if for ME it is extra yet.

a pack list off the top of my head includes... (all items singular unless
otherwise noted)

clothing
nylon pants (nike) (worn)
gaiters (MEC) (worn)
long john top and bottom (marmot) (worn sometimes)
non-cotton underwear (worn)
sock 4 pair liners and thick socks... in cas emy feet get wet and very cold
(one pair worn)
light weight vasque boots (worn)
rei -goretex jacket (tougher than my new mountain hardwear jacket) (worn)
rei fleece polartec 200 jacket (worn sometimes)
fleece glove (worn)
overmitts (worn if windy)
light balclava (head sock) (worn sometimes)
navy issue watch cap (worn sometimes)
neck gaitor and face mask like thing (i use it like a scarf to keep that
draft from my neck) (worn sometimes)
duofold shirt (worn)
(worn sometimes means i swap it around depending on how hot/cold i am)
all of my clothes insulate when wet... not as well but somewhat... if i get
that much in trouble i will just use my sleeping bag and my tarp/tent

cook stuff
whisperlight stove
11oz fuel bottle full(i ran out of alchohol for my other stove :)
msr titan pots small pot  from set with lid
(boiling water if i need to get water out there)
food (always more than i need for some reason)

sleeping gear
full length ridge rest (winter use only summer maybe if i only bring a sheet
with me)
Mountain hardwear 3rd dimension 0 degree sleeping bag
any dry clothing. prolly wear all my clothes and play with zipper on the
sleepging bag to gain confort so i dont need to change int he middle of the
night

other stuff
mountainsmith frost fire 2 (very heavy but i bought used  and i like it. i
need a smaller one for summer though)
i might also bring my clip flashlight...  but i have started only using that
thing when i have someone else with me.. it is to big for one person.  and
it might prove useless in the snow execpt for a tarp liek useage. i plan
fully on staying at the shleter but i will bring a tarp if i do not bring my
tent.

assorted other things.. (i can nto remmeber i said it was off hte top of my
head)
like tp and stuff sacks matches all that other stuff...maybe i can giv e you
a better list when i pack it all up.. i realize this is the real
tuckerizable stuff.

i could have forgotten something it was off the top of my head.. the whole
message was in fact except the trail info i got from a map real quick and
dirty like.

wisperlight the bi-polar bear