[at-l] just some rambling about the trail

i was sitting and thinking as i have been very bored as of late...  and
stuck in a place where i know very few people.

it has finally hit me. 2 days ago now i filled all the proper paper work.
and i am really leaving for the trail sometime later this year in the summer
... mid to late july.

it is a weird feeling. i am all excited but nervious and worried all at the
same time

i am not really planing anything.. i dont know how to get to the terminus in
maine. i dont knwo anything. me and my sister will find the mountain some
how. sh ehas never been to main e and neither have i. i have been
contemplating weather i wanted to buy teh dat books and such or not.  i am
thinking i will buy the maps. and that is it if even that.  i was reading
the guide books and i stopped. i do think that is a bad idea for me
personally. i am not saying no one should do it. but for me i think it goes
against what i feel i want to do.

i have postponed this trip now for 1.5 years due to some money
problems(maybe it has been longer i cannto even remember) and that is now
ironed out. i was gonna go hiking right now.. becasue i coudl have ..
northbound...  but i really did nto want that.. i tried to justify it so
many ways.  but deep down i could not bring myself to truely accept it. so
another .5 years pasted leavign me right to now. and i am leaving this
summer!

i am leaving with minimal planing i will findout where the next closest town
is to the trail and a few bail out points and then be off with that much
food. and move on like that.  seeing what happens as i walk.

i am tryign to get out more.., to exercise.. but i am inhertantly lazy and
can not bring myself to do things.. today i did siups and pushups until
icoudl not do anytmore. as hikign goes i hate driving and i dont know very
many people/places in the area.  and it is snowing out and me without snow
shoes i can not hike in this area. i hate working out in gyms i find them to
be discusting degrading areas.

i fell into a snow drift and had to drag my butt out the other day and now i
refuse to leave home without more winterish gear liek snow shoes.... i do
not want to hurt myself or have a resque team after me.. yuck!  i dont want
to be that guy.

i hope i met some people the first few days that i can hike with for a
while.

i have been to say the least very Bi-polar in the last few week.. the new
school thing (i am leaving the school after one semester to go on my hike
HAHAHA i love it).

oh well i am all confused and want to talk about it but i dont knwo anyone
in the area that is aroudnall the time on my odd student schedule.

Wisperlight