RE: [at-l] On Line AT-Guide

 but my understanding of copyrights say that
> facts (of
> which distances and places names) certainly are aren't copyrightable
> material - that would have to be some type of "creative work".

I am not a lawyer, but there are lots of suits and proposed laws (even
international) trying to protect data more than current laws do.

Not-for-profits in general, try to steer clear of any suits both because
they cost lots of money better spent elsewhere and they generate lots of bad
press. Conversely most people try to play overly fair with not-for-profits
because such data is one of their few hard assets that support them.