[at-l] Free e-mail

) Who provides your email "account" and do you like them?

Juno. I like it. Why? Because I love reading my mail off line, and it is
free. Juno does not tie up the phone line, and I do not have to go
on-line to read my mail. Sure, there are off-line mail readers like
Eudora and such, but  I needed a PAY service for those.  I used to pay
the $2.95 a month for attachment privlidges, but now it truly is free,
web access and all.

2) How was the account set up (initialized)?

Downloaded the Juno install program way back when.. off of their Website
www.juno.com

3) How do you access it? Is it through a www connection?

Nope, just hit the e-mail tab, it downloads my mail. hangs up, I read my
mail, send my replies.  If I want, I can hit the web tab to get on the
Internet.

With Juno, you can also read your mail off their website ala Hotmail or
Yahoo! .
So, if you are away (in a trail town?), and you really have to reach Aunt
Matilda, any Web  connection will do.

4) Any tricks or traps I should know about?

No tricks per se, but there are usually one or two ads you have to click
through before you get to the web or e-mail. Better than NetZeo where you
have to see an ad at all times.   A "poweruser" might find any dial-up
service a pain inthe butt, for the person like me who uses the Internet
for e-mail, the offline reading and ease of use can't be beat.
The price is great (FREE) , too. $20 * 12 is a lot of pints of B&J! :-)

Growth for the sake of growth is the ideology of cancer cells.
--Edward Abbey