Re: [at-l] Is there room for an ultimate Thru-Hikers Guide??

At 11:21 AM 2/9/00 -0500, RoseMarie/Al Sarra wrote:
..clip..
>Another suggestion to overcome the sheer volume of the volume <g> would be
>to break it down into manageable segments, bound individually, and sized to
>fit the hikers belly bag.

You mean like the ATC series? 1275 pages was the projected size for the
proposed guide? I don't know about this. That's over a page per 2 miles.
Was that standard 8.5 by 11 pages or little ones? We could do the museum
concept of an audio guide to use with your walkman describing everything
you come to. Do we really need that kind of detail? What about ADVENTURE? I
want a general guide but I don't think I need a total, up to the minute
description of every detail. I like to be surprised sometimes.

Saunterer