Re: [at-l] stop smoking

You accidentally bring up an issue for those attempting to stop smoking
that is important.

There are cues in your world that are not obvious. After a while, your
sense of smell will be more accurate, and you will recognize more of them.
When I help people plan to quit, I encourage a "Red Letter Day" with
several tasks before that date. Plan on detailing the car, changing pillow
covers, removing ashtrays and other paraphernalia, clean phone and shampoo
carpets, get your hair perm-ed or cut and washed.

The smell of cigarettes is a powerful reminder, but on a subliminal level.
You had an easier time off cigarettes until you got out of the hospital and
with your old stuff. Few people are successful in quitting in this way,
even after losing a chunk of lung.

OrangeBug
Atlanta, GA