[at-l] cash idea

Some other ideas on cash:

Seems like the liability of the debit card is the cash in the *checking*
account which can be accessed without a PIN.  So why not just withdraw
money from one's checking account and keep the checking account empty?  I
don't even want to think about the bulls**t explanation I would get at the
bank if I asked for a straight ATM card as opposed to my debit card.  This
way I can use the debit card without the liability.  I will, however, have
to get rid of that silly line of credit they gave me without my
authorization.

Regarding traveler's checks, why mail them to yourself?  Why not carry a
reasonable supply (say $100?) from the start?  Then, as you spend them,
replentish at the next town with an ATM machine by making a withdrawl and
heading into the bank.

Why do so many people say "PIN number?"  Shouldn't that be "PI number?".

/peh