[at-l] Trail Money Management

Hi All

I have a Cabela's Visa Card. I get store credit for all purchases and double
for purchases at Cabela's. BUT the feature I like best for hiking is the bill
is automatically transferred electronically from my bank account each month.
I could set it up to pay 1) the minimum, 2) a set amount, or 3) the total. I
chose option 3.

I also carry cash and an ATM card. Since the ATM charges tend to be by the
transaction I usually withdraw $200. at a time and use self discipline. I
start looking for another ATM when my cash gets down around $50.   I also
keep 2 or 3 twenty dollar bills folded and hidden away as emergency money. If
used it is the first thing I put back.  In '86 I did carry some travelers
check but I do not carry them when I hike now.

The Old RidgeRunner