Re: [at-l] Re: Traveler's checks, etc.

A lawyerly word on the Debit/ATM card v. credit card debate:

	If your credit card gets stolen and used by the theif, you are
only responsible for the first $50 that the theif charges (and many
companies won't even hold you to that).  If the credit card company wants
to fight you on it, THEY have to prove that YOU were negligent in losing
it/letting the theif get his grubby hands on it (most card companies
won't bother)

	If your DEBIT card/ATM card is stolen and used by a theif, YOU are
responsible for the whole chebang.  There is no $50 limit to your
liability.

(Personally, I'll take my chances b/c the Debit/ATM card is just so damned
easy to use.  But, thought I'd throw my 2 cents in here...)

Pooh