Re: [at-l] money, travelers checks, etc....

hudsom@us.ibm.com wrote:
> him to take two identical ATM cards, on the thought that if you stick one
> card in an ATM machine on Saturday afternoon and the machine eats it you
> won't be stuck in town waiting to get your only source of cash back. Get
> money from someplace else, call back to the bank from the next town, and
> have the "lost" card mailed home, or forwarded up the trail....
>
> YMMV, Skeeter

If the bank even has it....  I had mine eaten during a 3 month trip to
Australia - and at that point in the trip it was my only source of $$$
cuz I had used all the travelers checks already.  I went back on the
Monday to get my card and they had SENT IT BACK TO THE USA because I
hadn't signed the back!  So, there I was in Australia, no cash, heading
to New Zealand in another 2 weeks where I would have no cash...  luckily
I had stashed an old ATM card in my purse and forgotten about it.  We
found it while I was panicing at my friends house.  Thank God I did such
a bad job of cleaning out my purse before leaving on the trip!

So... One of the things i'll be doing next week is getting an extra
spare ATM card sent to my mother so she can send it if mine is eaten.

--
Paula