[at-l] sendoff to the class of '00

This is a copy of a message which I am reposting for the 4th year since it
is still applicable.

To the class of '00:

Congratulations!
Today is your day.
You're off to Great Places!
You're off and away!
On and on you will hike,
And I know you'll hike far
and face up to your problems whatever they are.
So...be your name Buxbaum or Bixby or
Bray or Mordechai Ali Van Allen O'Shea,
you're off to Great Places!
Today is your day!
Your mountain is waiting.
So...get on your way!
(Excerpted from "Oh, The Places You'll Go" by Dr. Seuss)

Reading the above makes one wonder if Theodor Geisel was a thru
hiker.I wish all of you the best time of your life.  When you get up here
I will try to get on the trail with you as much as possible but I can't be
there every weekend since my wife is not cool about these things and if I
pushed it I would probably have to hock my gear in the property
settlement. I am looking forward to seeing you.  As
I've mentioned before, the section in New York State between Route 17
(agony grind) and the Hudson River is only 1/2 hour from my house and my
office.  I live/work in North Eastern New Jersey which is closer to NY
than to the NJ section.  If any of you are in dire straits then call my
office and I will get to you.  The people in my office will be instructed
that if a thru hiker calls they are to track me down (client, cellular,
home, whatever).  Unlike my wife, they will obey me, (I sign their
paychecks).If no one is in, there is an answering machine.  If you can you
can send me a card when you are getting near me.
I can be reached at:
Richard Lubitz
Lubitz & Company
P.O. Box 8542
WoodcliffLake, NJ 07675-8542
(201) 391-5555
(201) 391-4459(fax)
lubitz@alpha.fdu.edu

Now the parent in me has to remind you about your responsibilities...You
are all
brothers and sisters out there.  Watch out for each other and play
nice! Those of us who are not doing the trail this year are doing it
vicariously through you.  We hold you responsible to have a good time and
to let us know about it.
Happy trails,
May the winds be at your back and show you the way home safely,
Rich