Re: [at-l] Physical Preparation

The training program I followed involved running, about 25 miles a week, biking about 80 miles a week and swimming about 3 miles a week and had been doing this for a couple of years before my first section hike and found it served me well. I joined three other hikers who had been hiking for six weeks and was able to do 15 mile days in Virginia.. I did lose about 10 lbs. on each of the 5 - 6  week section hikes as a matter of fact I wish I could get away now as the weight has crept back on. A hike is the best diet in the world as you get to eat all you want and still lose weight.
                                                            Triathlon Grandma