[at-l] travelers checks carternotch snowshoes pre trip prep

i also carried travelers checks on my thru hikes. In order to insure not
running out on the hikes i included two 20 dollar checks in each maildrop
that way i knew i had some money at each resupply.

i live in mt wahington valley and have already hiked into carter notch hut
in the winter its not that hard but a slide show would be hard to do.

i love my new snow shoes! i do use poles with mine considering i went
straight up an abandoned ski mountain in a couple of feet of snow(what a
work out) it was great. coming down i just went straight down and was only
on my but a few times but it was a blast.

everytime i have gone on an a long hike i seem to never get the chance to
have a real training it seems i have to work,work,work to save enough money
in order to take the long time off. i will admit that i do keep active but i
am not a potato. if you cant seem to train at least set reasonable or better
yet no mileage goals and take it easy remember you are in it for the long
haul enjoy.

hoops pct 95 at 97

visit us at:
http://www.geocities.com/TheTropics/Cove/9564/