[at-l] Re: Roan Mtn

I've been hearing small comments via computer and the data bk about Roan
mtn area for a while;  anyone run into these guys and any suggestions on
how to avoid them? (I've spent my life traveling solo and have run into
both wild dogs and mayhem minded males, can deal with both but def. prefer
the dogs).  Beginning to think I should hook up with a boy scout troop or
weekend family hikers for that stretch.  Is the trouble happening when
people are staying in the area?  If I schedule myself to hike through
during the day and not stop till I'm 10 miles out do I have a better chance
of avoiding problems?
	(asked this on woman's list too, but thought feedback from both might be
informative)
			EJ