Re: Wingfoot. was ... Re: [at-l] cross post by permission

> Tom -
> Actually, the Data Book isn't Wingfoot's - it's published by ATC. And
> his Thruhikers Handbook has serious competition from the ALDHA-produced
> and ATC-published "AT Companion".  The demand for the Companion went
> outta sight last year when Wingfoot didn't publish the Handbook. Be
> interesting to see what happens this year. Oh, yeah - if memory serves,
> neither REI nor ATC sells the Handbook - they weren't giving Wingfoot a
> big enough cut of the profits.

Ok.

I goofed.  I miss titled his book.  All this info is interesting.
REALLY!  I am not surprised about REI and ATC not selling the book for
the reason mentioned.  I'm sure he's missing out on a lot of profit.
One of the worst (or best; depending on your point of view) things he
could have done was sit out for a year, and, let all those people who
have been relying on his book discover that there might be a better
choice out there.

I find in VERY interesting every time I see his name mentioned in some
publication, knowing what I do from this list.  He's mentioned in
Bryson's book. I beleive with reverence.

t.