[at-l] pet mailing list pieves

I'm offering this e-mail to try to head off the discussion regarding the
seemingly common bond we all have in our feelings about that "other" mailing
list.  Experience tells me that it won't do any good to inflame ourselves
over the topic unless you just have a particular passion for raising your
blood pressure.

Instead (kick the professor in me for even bringing this up), let's find a
way to elevate our discussion to a level beyond that of the hillbilly (who
are good folks in their own right) and begin to correctly use the word
"too".

Lesson:  When the word means "excessively" or "also" or "very", the proper
usage is "too" (as in "There is simply too much snow on the trail right now"
or "I am spending the night at Mt. Collins Shelter, too"  or "This
discussion about proper grammar on a hiker mailing list has already gone too
far."  (I'm assuming everyone actually knows what "two" means, since it is
almost never used incorrectly.)

Next lesson (if we need another diversion from increasing our blood
pressure):  Do you know the difference between "their" and "there" and
"they're".