Re: [at-l] Change of name

1) Doht Calm is a perfectly fine trail name.
2) Many aboriginal cultures have individuals experience two names: one, given at birth, simply to identify you (as simple as "Second Daughter" or "Firstborn of Fred & Wilma"); the second naming coinciding with some major rite, such as a vision quest, adulthood passage, first battle, etc. (such as Crazy Horse, Stargazer, Shoots the Bow, {Dances with Wolves}). This second naming is a big event, and the person becomes "born again" in many ways.
3) Don't assume you need to go with no identity, Doht Calm, for fear of missing the great rite to come. It'll be there, if it's meant to be there; otherwise and in the mean time, you'll avoid being KKofC. (Which is perfectly fine, too. What the hell.)

Connecticut Yankee                                    Boring!
Springer==>Damascus, 1979

Sloetoe                                                      Oh! You're the Guy With The Toe!
Damascus==>Katahdin, 1979

>>> "Kristen Kupersmith" <kkupersmith@thor24.com> 02/07/00 02:43PM
Second of all, I gave it to myself, and didn't get assigned it on the trail.

I think I'm going to go to the Trail nameless, and have my name appointed out there... so that it is more "special".