[at-l] snow in the smokies

you wrote....

>And on Thursday, the Park Service had to go out and rescue some hikers
>that got stranded on a trail......Along with the snow, the hikers went
>out totally unprepared...

I saw this too.... this was a comedy of errors.  Those idiot day hikers are
lucky to be alive.  Recently I have been pretty quiet about the issue of
paying back the rescue agencies for being ill prepared, but this event has
solidified my support of billing the morons who take nothing but a cell
phone and expect someone else to foot the bill.  I see this becoming more of
an issue, when officials are looking at cutting funding to parks.

David