Re: [at-l] Bill Bryson, the NPS & Smokie balds.

At 04:29 AM 2/5/00 -0000, Jerry Goller wrote:
>Odd....I'm southern and I thought it was one of the funniest books I've
ever read. I guess it helps that the people he writes  about sound alot
like my family and the people I've grown up with.

I think it helps if you are the sort of person who can get a chuckle out of
yourself and the people you love without feeling that you or they are
diminished in any way because we can be seen in a humorous light. Not
taking ourselves too seriously is a good thing.

Saunterer
"Don't annoy others. Don't be too easily annoyed."