[at-l] Glucosamine and chondroitin

With all due respect to Sloetoe and Orange Bug, I used to be a proponent
of not trying these supplements because they are not tested or approved by
the FDA.  However I have been giving these to my 10 year old dog (they are
approved for veterinary use) with hip arthritis and she is really getting
younger before my eyes!  These two compounds are supposed to supply your
body with the building blocks of cartilage (Orange Bug - jump in here
anytime to correct me, I probably need it) which is supposed to slow the
degenerative process in joints.  I know humans are not dogs (no value
judgements here ;-) ), so the effects may not be the same, but some folks
swear by this stuff - available in health food stores and now even at CVS!
  It is a little pricey, however.

As always, your milage may vary, one size fits most, do NOT remove this
Tag, and all other general disclaimers.......

Sharon

Sharon Sharpe
Head Athletic Trainer
Wellesley College