Re: Fwd: Re: [at-l] Physical Preparation

Vitamans C, E, and I should become your friends. And if you have 4 weeks,
down a boatload of Glucosamine/Chondroitan between now and when you leave.
Do what is comfortably hard those first few weeks (8-12 miles); and expect
the ability to stack long days to come (as it will) bit by bit after Hot
Springs.
>After Damascus, you won't care; as well, you'll be hiking well enough that
you won't *need* to care.

>Walk well!
>Pontifically Yours,
>Sloetoe

Okay, I know vitamins A and E but what is "I" (yes yes yes, barring the
personal p. jokes here)

Why Chonroiton?

I've been walking about 10-20 miles a few times a week, dancing and doing
some gym stuff, along with hiking with various packweights since leaving my
job in December.  Actually, though, I've found my protein cravings have
increased dramatically so, though I'm getting a bit more fit (I generally
walk a lot anyway), I'm not losing any weight and don't guess I will.  My
NATUROPATH (former virginian, loves animals, isn't too sure about me,
claims to love people however) gave me a liquid folic acid supplement to
combat this--says it will help with protein absorption.  Seems to be
working, I no longer crave bloody steak daily (was beginning to worry just
how I was going to haul that stuff through hungry hiker country).

	EJ