Re: [at-l] Handouts For The Ruck

> 1) Location for Next Ruck?
> IronMasters          Bear's Den          Harpers Ferry
'Don't know any of these, so I will refrain from comment.  However, I will say that it was a real treat to be at the approximate 1/2-way point on the Trail.  (On the other hand, Sloetoe claims to have 4 bathrooms at his place!) ;-)

> 2)Your thoughts on IronMasters Accomodations?
I was really cold for most of it.  (Hey, I know we're all supposed to be tough hikers, sue me.)  It was cramped for sure, but I loved the setting.

> 3) Your thoughts on Presentations?
These were great (also cramped, however).

> 4) Your thoughts on DayHike?
I didn't know that there were any "official" day hikes, but I did one on Sunday and thoroughly enjoyed it!

> 5) Your thoughts on Raffle?
Wonderful.  Both of 'em.  I didn't win in either, but it was a treat to see the genuine joy on Blister Sister's and Sloetoe's faces when they won their prizes; and although she denied it, I'd bet a dollar that Riva slept with her new nomad -- couldn't a been that she was afraid it'd be snatched away by some disgruntled raffle loser, now could it?  Quite a grip she's got, I may add.

> 6) Your thoughts on the Auction?
It was alot of fun and clearly, profitable! (I was only there for a part of it, however.)

> 7) Your thoughts on Food?  YUM!  There sure was plenty.  I agree with an earlier comment from a lister who cautioned to be more aware of the waste and the "inconvenience" to Shawn.  (<-- on the other hand, I saw Shawn on Sunday afternoon carrying loads of food to the deep freezer upstairs, grinning like a cheshire cat all the while, and he literally jumped on the offer to keep the berry preserves that I had brought!  'Seems bikers get hungry too.)

> 8) Your thoughts on where donations should go for next Ruck?
Hmmm.  'Have to get back to you on this.  I'm wondering about the generosity of the monks at Greymoor....I'm hearing rumors that they may have to discontinue the service of providing hiker accommodations....

> 9) What changes would you wish to see at next Ruck?
I'd love to see it be longer.  Is there a 3-day weekend that would make it possible to get an extra day out of it, or is SuperBowl weekend a must?

Them's my thoughts.

Mixup