Re: [at-l] resupply question

Rick Bombaci wrote:

> At 11:39 AM 2/3/00 -0500, Felix wrote:
>
> >It was rarely, if ever, availability of things. You can easily make do, or
> >due. My biggest problems were with the quantity that you have to purchase
> >some things and the subsequent trash left over/packaging or repackaging.
> >Sometimes you don't want a big jar of peanut butter. Or a pound of brown
> >sugar. It helps if you are hiking with someone who is willing to split the
> >cost and weight of the product.
>
> Those are some of the big reasons I like the maildrop concept.

Me, too, as well as control of the food bag. With maildrops, I can build
in variety and make sure I pay a little attention to nutrition. (I send
dried veggies to add to dinner.) I plan my  maildrops carefully for
maximum convenience and turn-around time (off the trail), as well.

Give Me Maildrops

PS - A few times, I thought it would be nice to ______ to my maildrop.
Walked in to the local grocer and couldn't find it. 'Nuff said for me.

PS again - A few years ago, I knew a hiker who was using bounce boxes.
Although only a few hundreds miles along the trail, this hiker already
had three bounce boxes going, most with the same contents in quantity.
Such running back and forth to the post office.... YMMV, of course.