Re: [at-l] resupply question

ellen watson wrote:

> At 10:50 AM -0500 2/3/00, Pat Villeneuve wrote:
> >for those who have resupplied in stores along the trail: What has been
> >your biggest resupply dilemma?
>
> one of my biggest problems was walking into a grocery store and wanting
> EVERYTHING in the store. i'd tend to fill my cart up too fast with way too
> much stuff. imagine yourself walking down the candy aisle, surrounded by
> chocolate. see what i mean?!

Actually, I've had the opposite problem, even with chocolate. I seem
overwhelmed by all the visual stimulation, by all the choices. I stand there
riveted, staring at fuses or salivating in front of the chocolate bars. I'm
not kidding--several times shopkeepers have intervened...Were they afraid I
was deranged? Did I look like a shoplifter? I almost came to tears in Virginia
because I couldn't decide which candy bars to buy as a treat for myself. I
could hear myself think, "C'mon, pick something so you can get back on the
trail....But......Just pick.....But which?!..."

<sigh>-
Give Me Chocolate