[at-l] Clam bakes!

Don't forget clamcakes and chowda!

Which reminds me...

Picture if you will, a hot July night in Rhode Island. It is humid,
sticky, unbearably hot.
What to do?  You zip down Rt 4, head to Galilee. Not the famous sea in
Israel, but an honest to goodness working fishing village. (Alas, the
yupsters are discovering this place, consequently  tacky gift shops and
"trendy"  bars are starting to go up, but I digress). You smell the salt
air, see the gulls flying around the boats pulling into harbor for the
night, and head to the take out window of Georges. Place your order for
1/2 dozen clam cakes, order your favorite type of chowda (red is my
favorite). Sit on the rocks, look out at the Atlantic, and enjoy the cool
ocean breeze.

So maybe 3 or 4 nights of the year, I actually enjoyed living in Rhody.
:D

And to make this trail related, the southern end of the North South Trail
is nearby. :-)
(Gotta love it, hike from the Atlantic and eventually all the way up into
New Hampshire via connecting trails..)

Mags

Growth for the sake of growth is the ideology of cancer cells.
--Edward Abbey