Re: [at-l] Monetary Matters

Finances are an essential part of planning for a hike. You can do a hike on
very little, but you will miss much of the town experience, have risks if
you get injured or have a major equipment failure, or such.

You should consider talking with your banker, lawyer, or other advisor
about having a Power of Attorney to manage financial and legal affairs in
your absence. An updated will may be advisable. Reviewing your health
insurance is an excellent idea - you would hate to learn it is canceled
when you checked into the ER for a stress fracture.

I really doubt $1000 for typical hiking expenses over 4-5 months will be
adequate. Double or triple that makes more sense. Otherwise, get real used
to sleeping outdoors and limiting your menu.

OrangeBug
Atlanta, GA