[at-l] A quickie fundraiser for the Place. Are you in?

Hey, guys, guess what! I just got a case of author's copies of my 2nd and 3rd
published works. The 2nd, "When the Earth Moves," is about every sort of
earth movement from earthquakes to quicksand to sinkholes. The 3rd, "Shaping
The Earth: Erosion," is a pretty cool treatise on how our earth's funky
landscapes are formed by erosion. There's even a photo of Mt. Mitchell!

Now here's the thing-- they sent me two extra copies of each over what I was
expecting. SO..here's the contest.

I've given John O a number between 1 and 50. It's up to you to guess it. The
four listers who guess closest to that number by 10 AM EST tomorrow morning
(Groundhog Day, Feb 2!) will get a copy of one of the books, autographed,
sent to them. Your donation of $15 (or more, up to you) to the UMC Damascus
Hostel, sent to John O, will be appreciated as YOUR fundraising gesture in
this game-- mine is to pay the postage to send you the book and supply the
book. ;)

Right now if you go to Amazon.com and look me up, they're selling these books
for $23.40. If you want mega-details on the books (including some excerpts)
go to
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/0761314121/o/qid=949466005/sr=8-3/103-3
607740-3688648 and
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/0761314148/o/qid=949466005/sr=8-2/103-3
607740-3688648 , respectively...look under "reviews."

Keyboard ready? Go!
One guess PER EMAIL ADDRESS, please. Only your first guess will be counted.
And you need not post 'em to the list; ok to send directly to me.
Winners posted after 10am!!!

Cheers, Navigator