Re: [at-l] dehydrated food

I'd dry if I had a food dehydrator, but I've an electric stove and I'm on a
tight budget so I'll probably be:
	-buying some dehydrated veggies, fruit and protein stuff bulk, along with
couscous, some pasta varieties etc.--and packing them for postal drops.
	-buying fresh fruit, vegetables and gorp-type stuff along the way.  I'm
not too keen on peanut butter but I might try another nut butter.  Also, I
find my food tolerance goes way up after a 20 mile hike.
	I'm worried about protein intake so I'll be concentrating on making sure I
have enough of that and vegetables--my naturopath has sighed and said
"well, I don't like suggesting this but, veggiecaps" so I'll probably pack
those and vitamins in my drops as well.  I try to stay away from downright
sugar because it makes me tired so, other than fruit and occasional
chocolate (which is life and must never be ignored) in my GORP, I may try
making some snack bars or sticking to oatmeal and rasins as a filler.
	HOWEVER if anyone has cheapo dehydrator ideas for someone with an electric
stove, a small apartment and no woodstove or fireplace, please respond!
			EJ