[at-l] More Rucky stuff

Now there is the matter of Chef Sloecake <VVVBG>

It wasn't his fault....those monsters obviously needed a lot
of tending.  I mean you have to be attentive to manage Gene's All Days!

I was drawn to the kitchen, not by the yummy aroma of pans full of cakes,
but by the cries of FIRE!!FIRE!! and the hosts of coughing hikers pouring
out of
the hostel with smoke stained faces smeared by tears.  Uh....ohhhh.

Not only was I waaay late to cook the piggie sticks, but now I had to obviously
enter the scene of the disaster.  cautiously I rounded the kitchen door to
see.........hikers in line for pancakes!!  No disaster.....just a little
bit of singeing
around the edges of a cake or two.  But Tommy was a leeeetle bit on edge.
Tis tuff if you aren't used to cooking in public and for rowdy, hungry hikers!!
So I was truly glad he was armed with only spatulas and not knives, since we
  had to share space at the stove.
The bottom line is...Gene's All Days are fabulous!  Thick but light with
a taste that could only be only slightly improved by Mrs. Gorps fine
Vermaht Mahples.
Honest Tommykins..we all promise not to talk if you will PLEASE do it again
next year..

I wish i could fill ya'll in on the Saturday presentations, but truth is,
by the time I
noticed the time, I couldn't even get to within peeking distance of the
goings on.
Not only were they standing room only, but folks were standing on furniture to
see over those peeking thru the door.   No matter....those who had seen
them before,
or like me need a better sense of timing, clustered in groups thruout the
hostel with
picbooks or memories on display.  And there was also the debut of the two new
Nomads, or snowshoeing or hiking!
Mid afternoon, the temps soared to truly comfortable levels and some of the
action
shifted to the front porch!  Including the Stove Challenge, which I missed
much of
so someone else will have to report on that.  Darn...too much yakkin"  <g>
More later....I have to do more of my honeydo list <g>