Re: [at-l] I'm bonked by DaRedHead....

It's the "night at a shelter" phenomenon:

Phase 1, pretty much all one's shelter mates are strangers and first
impressions ain't always purty.

Phase II, no impressions being consciously gathered because the sharing of
ideas/food/gear/space are in full swing.

Phase III, you head off into the next day's hiking sure you're leaving the
best people you'll ever know.

Phase IV you correspond or encounter at G/gatherings and choke up with
impossible nostalgia over fleeting acquaintanceships you mostly slept
through!

Walking away from the Class of '98 photo shoot at the Gathering was a mega
morning departure.  I didn't dare look back, just sniveled on to the next
presentation.

Or maybe it's just that us hikers just look a whole lot better real, real
dirty!

(Actually, except for Ken and me, both of whom I already knew were homely as
all git out before I got there, I found the faces pretty darned delightful,
but I don't see as well as I used to!0

:)s aplenty,
Just Playin' Jane