[at-l] More Tidbits

I'm sure some have heard enough about the Ruck, but when I missed this
years Gathering, I savored every word reported.
So delete now if you've had enuff...
otherwise read on, Mcduff

Friday....arrived about three and was astonished to find so many folks
already there!
Barely squeezed into parking lot A . This was a problem at this years
Ruck.  The snow
cut down the hostel lot by almost half and I guess the Park folks didn't
believe us when
we said there'd be a lot of us and didn't plow enough room at lot C.  There
is no truth to the
rumor that some people had to park in Carlisle though! <g>  Note to
self...next year,
get there earlier....like Wednesday <g>.  I must commend the precision of
everyone
as they threaded thru the lot to unload!  Not a dent or a scratch reported!!

I looked at the folks in the kitchen and said who wants to cook
spaghetti?  My eyes
rested on a kindly face who agreed to take charge.  Ha..can I pick'em or what?
Turns out that in her 'real life', she's a dietitian!  She even knew
portion projections
and all.  Curse my memory cause I asked her name twice I've still
forgotten, but
spaghetti and garlic toast and salads were served and scarfed.  As I
watched Trip and crew
butter up pan after pan after pan of baguette, I wondered where it would
all go!
Hah....these were hikers..starved after a long drive.  only crumbs remained!

Herny and Carla agreed to show their show on Fri evening and from all reports,
it was awesome!  I missed getting a seat but Henry said they'd be back and
do it
again next year.  This was another problem at this year's Ruck.  There is
just no
way to squeeze a hundred hikers into that room.  But there were plenty of
albums
to look at down stairs.  Maybe next year we can throw some blankets over the
windows and show the slides during the day too..

Tent city..well maybe tent village was pitched .....yes....folks did camp
out!  Brrrr.
even tucked into my van, it was a cold night (5 degrees!).  I was actually
pretty
comfy thanks to an extra bag donated by Ginny and Jim, until my body woke me at
four wanting to do what it always wants to do at 4:00.  Probably the
fastest pee in history!
On the way back into the van I saw a stirring in Kurts car.....guys have it
sooooo much
easier <g>.  My apologies to everyone who saw me slip into the hostel for
coffee,
before changing out of my sleeping gear.  I must have been an awful sight
to start the day.
Note to self ....30 degree bags don't cut 5 degrees....GET A WARMER BAG !!!!!!!
More later.....