Re: [at-l] newbie

>My name is Damon Brown.  I live in New Orleans, LA.  I have never hiked
>before, but just browsing through the different web sites on the AT, I feel a
>STRONG calling.  I would not attempt to do any of the AT on first try, but I
>have been reading up on day hikes in Mississippi.  I look forward to reading
>the postings on this list.  I also look forward to making friends along the
>way.
>
>Damon
>* From the AT-L |  Need help? http://www.backcountry.net/faq.html  *

Hi Damon,

When I joined this list I had not hiked any either, ;-) but now I am trying
to figure out how I got so *hooked* on this hiking thing.  I mean - is it
obsession?  Is it healthy??  Is it <shiver> for life???

Welcome,

Delita
Training for the *big one* (meaning: learning to hike & packpack, planning
to thruhike the AT)

P.S. Now that this is trail related <g> would any of you care to glance for
me at a possible future stylesheet for the A WALK A DAY website I may get
set up some day?  None of the links work, it is just a *front page* for
looks, ya know...  Is it boring?  Quasi-attractive??  What would you
suggest???  Thanks very much (please send comments directly to me).

http://awalkaday.home.mindspring.com