[at-l] Virtual Dinner

Oh, no, I'm late for dinner!!!!  I'll run into the kitchen and fix a fresh
spinach salad with toasted almonds, red onion & fresh orange
segments--vinegarette dressing--if I can have a plate of leftovers.  And pass
that wine--I'm hoping some came from Southeast Missouri; I'm sure that
Missouri bootheel wine would fit the trail theme.

Sorry for those who are freezing, but by the end of my morning walk on the
Florida National Scenic Trail I was warm enough to be "glowing" (what
Southern women do rather than sweat).

Tonight's dinner will be my third trail related activity today.  First the
walk, second was a bridal shower for Barb, whom I introduced to the FT.
Being in their 40's, Barb and Dennis don't need the household goods of the
young.  They have both taken to hiking and camping in a big way, so the whole
shower theme was '"campy."  Attire was camping casual.  Party was outdoors
and the bride-to-be was registered only at the local outfitters.  We played a
game called "pea (or was it pee) in a bucket."  Divided into teams, we had to
hold a quarter between our knees and walk over to a bucket and drop the
quarter in the bucket.  Great crazy game for a hiking get together.  Reminded
me of the way I walk when I first crawl out of the tent and try to make it to
the outhouse.  But I must say that the top entertainment was the hired dancer
who showed up in a park ranger outfit!!!!  Or at least he had the outfit on
when he arrived.  Could we inivite him to dinner??????

Joan
bluetrail@aol.com