Re: [at-l] Boot Break In

Depends on the boot, some don't have any 'break in' time -- tennie-hikers,
lite-hikers, etc.   The Big Boot styles have to be broken in and the way you
suggest has been seen in some books and is used by many people.  Preferably,
don't buy a big heavy boot unless you are going into Mountaineering.  Many
of the lite-shoes can now use some type of lite-crampon attachment, too, for
those times when you just gotta.   If you're going to be hiking in the
Whites in January, ymmv and ask someone else.

Remember a pound on the foot is 5 or 7 (depending on who you talk to) on the
back.  When I was wearing my Salomons (which I love), a 7 mile day was the
most my legs would lift those 2.5 lb each shoes.  I can do 12plus in my lite
Hi Tecs and although the bottoms of my feet feel the rocks and roots, by
morning I'm raring to go and my legs are never tired or in pain.  Plus, the
lighter the boot, the less weight your knees have to lift and lift and lift.

Coosa