[at-l] UseGuysRDirtyRats

 Ok I got to get this off my chest.
A few weeks back I signed back on the list for my midwinter fix of
communication with some of my wonderful AT hiking friends. As some of you
know, I spend the spring, summer & fall being a ROFOETO. Well anyway, I
signed back on and was receiving a few posts a day for a couple of
weeks......Great. I decide to take two weeks to go wander the LBL for a
hundred miles or so and count eagles. I says to myself "self, no need to
unsubscribe from AT-L taint but a few posts per day, staying on will let you
catch up with what folks has been adoin".....Huh.
Came back a few days ago and what to my wondering eyes should appear?? How
about 1400+ messages Boy! do I got mail. Even in zippin thru them pretty fast
I'm only down to just under a thousand to look at yet. IN THE FUTURE, would
useguys please provide advance warning as to an upcoming deluge of activity.
By the By, for the uninformed  ROFOETO [RetiredOleFartOffEnjoyingTheOutdoors]
LBL [Land Between the Lakes][recreation area between Ky & Barkley Lakes in
Western Ky/NorthWestern Tenn]
If I can ever get up to date on my reading before it's time to take off again
I might even Join in the conversation again [I just love to put in my penneys
worth on personal responsibility and those fantastic CPs]
To save myself getting another 1400 msgs....The official,from the air count,
10 days ago was 122 eagles in the LBL . I saw 80 to 100 while walking or
taking a boat ride thru some of the KyLake bays and a drive thru the Ballard
Wildlife Management Area.
For those who like to gander at ganders n other wildlife too, other sightings
included: lots of deer & turkeys, barred owl, pileated woodpecker, coyotes,
beaver, redtailed (not DaRedhead) hawks, kestrel hawks, a few hundred
thousand (yes that's 000,000)
Snow Geese, a few  ten thousands canada geese, a few thousand mallards, some
other assorted ducks (yellow eyes, woods) coots and such. Thank goodness I
did see more wildlife than I had messages waiting when I got back. Oh yea, I
did get 110 miles of walking in too.
Well, now that I've my chance to bitch it's back to read'n da mail.
Have fun at the Ruck sorry that I'll miss it.
Luvyall
Justakahike
Plum'Crazy
aka The Ghost of Stratton Bald