Re: [at-l] Socks

Thomas McGinnis wrote:

> How many pair did you hike with, on average?

I carried two pair with me. One I wore while hiking each day,
the other I kept for dry socks in camp. I also had two
pair of coolmax liners that went the whole way. One I wore
while hiking each day, the other I kept for dry socks in
camp.

When one pair wore out, I switched to the other and eventually
replaced both at an outfitter. It worked out OK, but I was
not pleased with the overall durability of the socks.

Now keep in mind that on the first half of my hike, me feet
grew from size 10 1/2 M to 11 W, so my socks took a beating
rubbing against my shoes. My feet also took a beating, but
thankfully were nearly blister-free.

-Paddler
http://paddler99.trailstories.com