From: bullard@northnet.org
To: AT List (AT-L)
Sent: Tuesday, January 25, 2000 5:50 PM
Subject: Re: [at-l] Before You Leave for the RUCK

At 12:00 PM 1/25/00 -0500, RoseMarie/Al Sarra wrote:

I'm hoping you have time before all of you leave for the RUCK to provide a little insight for me. The problem is, after a couple years on this list and a much shorter time on the other list, I'm still not clear about what to wear. I've read the discussions about polypro vs coolmax, I know cotton kills, I learned that one pound of boot = 7 pounds of pack weight, I now know more than I ever wanted to learn about esoteric items such as pit zips, alternate uses for zip locks, and bear bags. But I still don't know what to wear, or more importantly, why I want to wear exactly that....

Well, you could take a tip from someone who successfully completed the trail 3 times and wear a cotton dress and keds. ;)

Saunterer * From the AT-L | Need help? http://www.backcountry.net/faq.html *