Re: [at-l] trail names

At 3:02 PM -0500 1/24/00, Pat Villeneuve wrote:
>And speaking of unfortunate circumstances that lead to unfortunate trail
>names...

i was aprilmoon on my thruhike attempt in '98, except to the group of about
10 hikers that i spent the night with at gooch gap shelter. it was my third
cold night on the trail. i arrived at the shelter late. i was exhausted. i
had to tent on a hill. it snowed during the night. when nature called i
remembered something i had read on the woman's hiking mail list and decided
to try it rather than crawl out of my tent on the hill in the snow. it
didn't work. i mean it REALLY didn't work. this "unfortunate circumstance"
led me to earn a second trail name.  it was a couple days til i caught up
with them at neels gap before i even knew that they had renamed me ziplock!

aprilmoon