Re: [at-l] powdered drinks

In a message dated 1/22/00 2:58:50 PM Eastern Standard Time, turtle@minot.com
writes:

> I used the power because I couldn't
>  find anything else. I had the same problem of mixing it with water. They
>  must do something to it or add something to change the surface tension
>  of the water.

(Don't anyone assume this is personal.  I'm just making a general point.)

Why?  Why must they do something to change the surface tension of the water?
Must we continue to teach nature new tricks like a precocious dog?  Are we so
spoiled as Americans and consumers that we can't handle the fact that some
powdered drinks reconstitute a bit lumpy?  Kinda like PUDs or the rocks of
PA.  Just some obstacles that put some challenge into living!  Give me the
simple life.  Let me understand the incredible richness and subtlety of
unadulterated nature rather than processed happiness in a can.  Give me
hard-earned adventure.  Let me die before my body weakens or my mind grows
dim. Let me, too, go out screaming Geronimo! while choking on a soy lump!  :)

Happy trails,

Solar Bear

"The true profession of a man is to find his way to himself."  Still looking,
but I'm not finding any blazes.  :)