Re: [at-l] Hiking in GA

W F Thorneloe, MD wrote:

> So, maybe I will hike during the Ruck, and avoid severe envy from setting
> in. I've not planned to buy crampons or a balacava, yet. Maybe I'll hike
> down to Galyans or REI tomorrow. I'm beginning to get interested in the
> GV4, I've sent in my raffle money. I need to do charts and tax forms. I
> have a bunch of journals to read (medical). I'm going to have a fun weekend
> in civilization!
>
> DRAT!
>
> OrangeBug
> Atlanta, GA

Orangebug -

I'll make a suggestion here - that you get together with other hikers in
your area (I KNOW there are some hikers in the Atlanta area who won't be
at the Ruck) - and have your own local Ruck.  I know that Magaroni and
some others have had their own "mini-Ruck" in Colorado.  Why can't you
have one in Atlanta?  That's the way I envisioned the Ruck growing in
the first place - it would be nice to see it happen. Personal opinion is
that you can  talk trail wherever you are - we don't all have to be in
the same place at the same time.

Walk softly,
Jim & Ginny
Spiriteagle99