Re: [at-l] emergency kit/supplies

I'd be a little more cautious about Lomotil. Often, the best thing to do
with diarrhea is to rehydrate, and allow nature to take its course. Putting
a plug in may actually prolong problems, and conceal dehydration (a bowel
full of liquid stool, sloshing around, but not providing hydration).

I usually recommend Pepto Bismol as it treats a variety of conditions, and
may directly treat a number of causes for diarrhea (especially traveler's
diarrhea).

BTW, the comments about biological warfare and recent encephalitis is
premature, and probably an urban myth. It is always a good idea to avoid
mosquito bites. St.Louis equine encephalitis has been around a long time,
and will remain. Only luck allowed the Nile virus to be detected, as it is
extremely similar.

OrangeBug
Atlanta, GA