[at-l] Pilgrim

The question from Felix prompted me to call Pilgrim, which I had been
thinking about doing for several days. I met Pilgrim in ME and saw him
several times.

I found Pilgrim (Fred Hale) to be in good spirits in spite of the long
recover he is going through. He continues to be confined to a wheel chair
letting his legs heal and the doctors are waiting to see if bone grafts can
be avoided.

He would love to hear from any hikers he met, either by mail or a phone
call. He does not have email. If any of you would like his address or phone
number drop me a private note and I will supply it.

Personally, I think he would appreciate a note from people he hasn't met.

Jim
South Walker ME-GA 1999
jimhipp@alltel.net
In hiking there is no special recognition given for speed, style or
finesse. There are only those who do the hike and those who don't.