[at-l] emergency kit/supplies

Question #1....from BigTate

My first question is pointed to those hikers who have completed one or more
thru hikes of the AT.I will begin my journey in April of 2001 and head S>N.My
first objection in preperation for my hike (as well as most projects) is
safety.I have seen all the emergency kits/supplies in catalogs and in the
stores.Most if not all seem to inadequate such as 4 Tylenol,4 bandaids...etc
and some seem to be lacking important items such as tick removers,bee sting
ointment etc....So i plan on making up my own emergency kit and supplies
but,never having attempted a thru hike, would like some help and ideas on
what is neccessary and what is not.That is where you all come in.....I would
like hikers who have completed the trail to to give me an inventory of
supplies/medicines that i will need and would appreciate if it was broken
down to absolulte neccessity and "just in case" items.

Thankyou ahead of time for taking time to help and share ideas>much
appreciated!

**BigTate**